4.29.2010

Thursday Already?!

I can not believe it's Thursday already! Where has the week gone. More importantly ... where has the month gone?? Tomorrow is the last day of April. Four months of 2010 have already come and gone. Sheesh. Plus, it being Thursday, I only have THREE days left to read Book 2. Oh golly ... More on that in a minute.

I am loving my interim position with second grade. I think I could see myself teaching second grade. I had a not-so-good experience in college and pretty much detested anything lower than fourth grade. And of course I never wanted to teach anything higher than fourth. So that pretty much only left my narrow search for a fourth grade position. Thank the Lord for this opportunity!

So today we went over a reading comprehension passage the students did yesterday. It was a recipe on how to make bluberry muffins. In the passage they talk about beating the ingredients together. Well, J sits beside me because he has a hard time staying focussed. He has been tested and approved for special needs assistance so now we're just waiting for that to take place. He can't really read anything we do in class because he's on a low first grade level and has already been retained twice in second grade so he has to move on to third grade next year. He's really smart and can comprehend reading when read to him and he's on grade level in math, he just can't read anything.

Well anyway. He was having a hard time staying with the rest of the class and wasn't checking his work or following along. I had already gotten on him like twice to stay with us. We got to the part in the passage about beating the ingredients and as another student read it, I hear J singing under his breath, "let the beat drop, do do doooo, let the beat drop, do do doooo'. Over and over, the Black Eyed Peas. He had his little shoulders popping and heading bouncing. I didn't have the heart to tell him to stop so I just smiled and started singing the song in my head along with him. =) These are the types of moments in teaching that make it worth it. The joy of working with kids!

So yes .. back to book 2. The Physick of Deliverance Dane. It's taken me longer to get into this book but I've finally gotten there. It's a pretty clean book so far. I just want to get to the end to finally figure out who Deliverance Dane is and what she has to do with a college student in 1991. Like I said before, I enjoy historically based books so this is a good one! I just wish I had more time this week ... I'm getting nervous I won't make my deadline. It's crazy how much I want to meet each deadline and it's just a personal thing. I wish I was this into deadlines in college. Haha.


3 Days, 235 Pages
Book 2, Week 2

3 comments:

Katie said...

Oh deadlines!!! You can do it!
Glad to hear you are enjoying the younger ones!

Emerly Sue said...

I'm so glad you're having a good time.

Emerly Sue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Followers