4.24.2010

Book One is Complete!

That's right. I have met my first goal and I did it two days early. =) I've already been to the libray and picked my next book, but I'll get to that in a minute.

Knit Two by Kate Jacobs. I would give it 3 1/2 stars out of five. I have to warn you that it does use explicit words and a brief sensual section in on chapter but other than that, I really enjoyed it. I liked picking up with old characters and getting back into their lives. As cheesy as it sounds, I really felt like I was part of the Friday Night Knitting club. This book deals with loss and forgiveness and moving on. It's an easy read that won't make your head hurt after reading it. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more talk of knitting in this one as there was in the first one but that's okay. A free knitting pattern at the end and two recipes made up for it. Give Knit Two a try! =)

My next book will be The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe. I first heard about this book when the author was doing an interview on the Today Show. It is an infusion of the present and the past of the Salem Witch Trials. A college student begins research for her dissertation and discovers she is much closer to the past and history than she knew. I was hooked! I love novels that include history and fiction, especially art history. I have already chosen another novel, to come soon, that deals with fiction and art history. Yipee!

So ... Book 2, Week 2
9 days (since I finished two days early), 362 pages




P.S.
We have hatched baby birds in our mail box! They are so tiny and cute. Will post pictures of that and the mutantpillars when I am home. I am posting from the parent's computer so I can start my next book.

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

I want some cute little birds!

Followers