4.08.2010

Looking for a Goal

So I'm sitting here, before church starts, wondering if this is what my life will look like all the time. I just reread my last entry on following the Holy Spirit so I feel a little strange typing this, but if I denied my doubt all the time, I'd be lying and saying that I wasn't human. Yes, I still choose to follow the Holy Spirit in any direction He leads but sometimes I wonder ... is this it? Even for now?

I'm subbing for a maternity leave that runs until school ends and I'm actually looking forward to getting back in the classroom. I guess the dazed and amazed stage of having "my" classroom hasn't worn off, yet.

But I look at my house and the mess that it's constantly in, and I look at our lack of funds, and my big desire to organize everything and I just don't see any middle ground. I hate cleaning. I hate picking up things every single day. I hate scrubbing counters each evening. Is this what it takes to have a home that I long for? I walk into people's homes that I admire and it's always clean and organized and smells good ... and then there's my home ... I wish I had an endless budget to ORGANIZE my house. I want file folders and plastic containers and baskets ... *sigh* I drool when I go down that aisle in Wal-Mart and Target. I love my husband but I didn't realize I was marrying all his habits as well. Oh well ... for better or worse, right? =)

Alright, so to get to the title of my post. I'm looking for a goal. I just watched Julie & Julia a few nights ago and I am inspired! Not to cook French food or anything but to do something. As you few readers of mine know, I'm not good at keeping up with this. So I'm thinking if I had a goal, like going through an entire cookbook, or something to that effect, it would help me stay consistant with this. Soooo, if you have any ideas ... please let me know. =)

I would try a weight loss blog, but I don't want to publicly show my failure. So anything besides that.

That is all for now ... I'm feeling a bit peppy so I might be back tonight. Who knows!

3 comments:

Emerly Sue said...

I still get giddy when I go in my classroom after breaks. You'd think it would have worn off by now, but it hasn't.

Anonymous said...

maybe a garden?

Amanda said...

I thought about gardening but that can get quite expensive.

Followers