1.11.2010

The Truth is what I choose.

The Holy Spirit is not around to make us more comfortable. He is here to guide us toward our Holy Father and help us to keep our eyes on Him. The Holy Spirit does not lead us into places that WE desire to go but places that GOD desires us to go. Even if they two are not the same.

This is a hard truth that will bring so much peace to those that choose to follow. They choose to follow the Truth.

I choose to follow the Truth, the Holy Spirit.

After reading Forgotten God (well, the first two chapters anyway), I decided to make a list of reasons that I don't allow the Holy Spirit to guide me all the time or what simply scares me about Him. Here are some of the reasons I came up with: 1. I won't be able to hear Him to follow Him 2. I'm asking the wrong questions and looking for the wrong things 3. He won't show up for me like He does other people 4. I'll miss out on being with Him and 5. I won't be able to feel His presence. All valid reason that I'm sure I'm not alone on. But after further thinking about it, I decided I don't care what my fears are regarding the Holy Spirit, I choose to follow Him (fears and all).

There are many people that I graduated with that have been blessed with jobs and wonderful opportunities (awards, encouragement from staff and faculty, publications, etc.). And I have struggled with trust, contentment, jealousy, and all other negative emotions but I truly am happy for each and every one of them. I can read about their accomplishments and be genuinely positive about them. But still, I wonder where my big break is. I sit and think about when I will have what my heart desires. And then I realize I DO have what my heard desires. I desire to follow the Lord and trust in Him. I desire to follow where the Holy Spirit guides me, each and every day. And at this point in my life I am right where God has me. I have walked through the open doors that God opened for me being led by the Holy Spirit the whole time. Now I have to come with terms that what my future looks like in my eyes might never be what God has in store for me. And that's okay. Because I have tasted and seen that the Lord is good and I want all His goodness all the days of my life whether that's in my own classroom or in another country!

The Truth, His Truth, is what I choose.

1 comment:

Emerly Sue said...

You're a brave lady.

Followers