11.09.2009

R.E.S. is not for me!

Fifth grade again today. This time ... not even remotely enjoyable. These two classes that I had pretty much ruined Richlands E. for me. I think I will stick with my Summersill and Morton kids. What a long, long, long day. I was ready to put those students on the bus around oh ... 9 am.

Anyway. We'll see what tomorrow shall bring.

So last Sunday I ended up having to clean my ENTIRE house in one day. To say the least, it was not enjoyable. My feet and back hurt by the time I got done and my mood was so sour! So I decided this morning that I would make a weekly list of chores that I will do everyday to avoid this treacherous day of slaving around the house. Now remember, my house isn't that big so my list isn't too detailed and some things I will do every day (picking up and putting things in their places).

Monday: Vacuum carpets
Tuesday: Clean front bathroom
Wednesday: Clean kitchen (countertops, sweep, mop)
Thursday: Sweep and mop bedroom floors & wash bedding
Friday: Dust
Saturday: Clean out fridge & any yard work
Sunday: Clean back bathroom

I had to break up the bathrooms because I hate to do them so much! I hope this helps to keep my cleaning easier and my mood sunnier!

Well, as you can see, I finished my first quilt. I went out today and picked out fabric for two more. I'm excited to take them all to church to see how pretty they look in our new sanctuary! Okay blog world, I'm going to try to end this day on a happy note. Off to flipping through decorating and cooking magazines (thanks to Mrs. P)!! :)

4 comments:

nannykim said...

Oh, what has helped me immensely on the cleaning front is flylady.net . THAT is NOT flylady.com but .net! She is great at breaking down cleaning in easy babysteps. I love her. I get her emails each day that tell you the things to do. One thing she has you do every day that literally takes seconds but helps to keep your bathrooms clean is the swish and swipe. You keep your toilet bowl brush in some water that has shampoo in it. Each day once a day after you go the bathroom you do a swish of the toilet--it is amazing how clean it keeps it. She has you keep widow cleaner in each bathroom with towels or papertowels. After you get done brushing your teeth or whatever you do a quick wipe down of the sink and mirror---it literally takes seconds but it keeps things clean. I love her ideas!

nannykim from spindle cottage

Amanda said...

Thanks! Someone else told me about her website as well. Guess I need to check it out! The hard part ... training my new husband to do these little things as well. Haha.

Emerly Sue said...

Schedules are good. (: Good chatting with you tonight!

Anonymous said...

Great list! Bravo!

love, kelee

Followers