11.06.2009

Dramatic play and high school football

Ever wonder what the day in the life of a pre-K student was like? It's probably just as you'd imagine. Alot of playing! I started my day as a daughter to two pre-K girls, then I made Lego transformers, and then I ate some Play-Doh fried chicken. In the next pre-K class, I was a doctor, sand castle architect, and doll house security guard.

It was an eventful morning. Then it was time for recess and lunch. Who knew it took pre-K students 45 minutes to eat lunch! You should have seen their faces when we served them turkey delight (turkey pieces drowned in gravy). They pretty much ate pineapples and chocolate milk for lunch.

So even though it was not my dream day working with my dream age group, I think it paid off. At the end of the day the principal wanted to meet with me and talk to me for a little bit. He was my A.P. in high school so it was nice to catch up and let him know I was interested in teaching. Connections! Praise Jesus!

So another blast from the past ... Sam and I went to my old high school's last football game of the season. What a good time! Good football game, good marching band, great company. I reminisced alot during the game just thinking about how much God has brought me through in eight years, going on nine. Eight years ago, I was just starting out in the marching band, high school, my walk with God, learning who I was. I know it's said quite often but it really does feel like just last year I was walking across the track for senior night. How quickly time goes by!

It's even weird to think that just two years ago Sam went to a football game, freezing again, to watch the marching band. And now we're married!

P.S. Montages in movies are my favorite part!

Anyway ... I'll end on some scripture regarding to the path of life and the crazy, unexpected turns it takes us on.

"You show me the path of life. In Your presence there is fullness of joy; in Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. - Psalm 16:11

No comments:

Followers