11.08.2009

Rag Quilt! Finally!

So here it is. My first quilt. Ever. It may not be perfect but I'm proud of it!




These were the materials that I started with. A fine swirl print and some basic solid colors to accent it.




All the cutting was finally finished. So many little square sandwiches.





Small squares of fabric turn into bigger squares of fabric turns into a row of frabric that turns into rows and rows of fabric!




The first picture is of the front side sewed together and the second picture is the backside. I know. It looks reversed but trust me, it's the right way!

Almost done ...





Here it is! The final product! You'll have to excuse the little fuzzies of thread. It literally just came out of the dryer!

Hope you enjoyed this fabric metamorphosis. :)

Be sure to check out many more exciting transformations on Between Naps on the Porch!

7 comments:

Kelee said...

Hi Amanda!

Love the quilt transformation--so much work!!!!!

Yes--the stained plexi would be great for your church!! You can get bigger pieces in these bright colors.

Send me pics if you do it!!!

love, kelee

Phyllis @Around the House said...

love the quilt, would have liked to see more close up pictures, it looked wonderful, I am a new follower of yours, come for a visit

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

How gorgeous. I love it. I have made several quilts, so I can appreciate all the work. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

Dena Pickle said...

Wow! I don't have the patience but love quilts! That is a real talent-thanks for sharing.
Dena
sweetpicklesandchocolate

Miss Mustard Seed said...

I just don't have the patience or precision for quilting, but I really appreciate it. Nice work!

Valeree said...

What a cozy warm quilt! I can just imagine cuddling up with it as it starts to get colder. I love the colors too! Great job! Thanks for the visit!!

Linda Q said...

Nice job and welcome to quilting.
I think you will enjoy it the more and more you do it.
Linda Q

Followers