1.09.2010

Today is Saturday

Yep. I have come to love Saturdays. Even more than Sundays. Most Saturdays I get to sleep in (until 7am! Whoo!) and then we go grocery shopping. After that, the day is wide open! Sometimes we clean, sometimes we hang out with people, and then other days we are just lazy like we were today. After the grocery store, Wal-Mart, and Sam's, the hubs and I spent the day with the parents watching an SVU marathon. Great Saturday!

So last night I went on a hunt for a new book to read. Trying to find something to study is hard when you have no idea what exactly you're looking for. After slowly walking up and down the aisles a few times, I decided I wanted to study about being in God's presence at all times of the day and not just at church or when I'm doing something 'spiritual'. So of course I did what any other person would, I picked the book with the coolest cover. Haha. Forgotten God by Frances Chan. Also the author of Crazy Love, which I own but haven't read yet. I've heard great things about him and his books so I'm looking forward to starting it tomorrow. The book is about the Holy Spirit and how He is forgotten so much in churches. He is forgotten in our daily lives. Chan teaches about how to allow the Holy Spirit to lead us and have a personal relationship with us each day. Needless to say, I am excited about starting it. And the covers really neat, too. :)

No comments:

Followers