10.28.2009

Maybe I am inspired ...

I think that subbing might not be a good idea for me. No, it's not that I can't handle it or anything. But it is making me think about other possibilities for my future. So today I subbed for an art class and I had a blast! I would have never thought about being a specials teacher before but now, it's a possibility for the future. I have always loved art and making things and being creative. It's one of the reasons I minored in Art History. I wanted to keep art in my life somehow. Maybe this was an eye-opener that I could one day make art with children and teach them about the great artists and inspire them! Maybe.

So I know this is random but I wanted to share the commercial I just saw on TV ... 
Oh yes ... that was on public television. I feel my IQ dropping.

Anyway ... I have not only been inspired about artistic children but also artistic tables! Yes, tables. Like the ones you eat off of. There are these things called tablescapes. There are many women (and men) out there that transform their every day dining room tables into art and I am going to try my hand at it. Here is my main inspiration ... 
Yesterday I went bargain hunting at some dollar stores and thrift shops. I found 6 plates and 5 teacups all for $5.12! The plates are a milk chocolate brown with snowflakes on them and the teacups are a dark brown. I think I am going to do browns, blues, and whites with a snowflake theme. I am so excited! I could possibly do this entire tablescape for less than $30! 

This, my single friends, is what married life does to you. It changes you. You change when you have a house of your own. BEWARE!!

2 comments:

Emerly Sue said...

Listen, I like to buy things for my house and I'm not married. I can't wait to register though and get some nice, new dishes. (;

Rachel and Matt said...

:) oh the joys of a home!

Followers